Whether you're looking to start your first or next business, opening a franchise with Tommy's Express is one of the best opportunities in the market today. The car wash industry is growing, and Tommy's Express has a proven program to ensure franchise partner success. Here are eight great reasons why opening a Tommy's Express car wash location is a smart business move.
Proven Plan for Franchise Success
We franchised in 2016, but Tommy's Express has been in the car wash business for over 50 years. Founded in 1969, we know what it takes to open and operate a successful car wash. We used that knowledge to create a proven track for our franchise partners. Tommy's Express is the only franchise offering that provides everything you need from start to operational– site selection expertise and guidance, construction management, data-driven marketing, operations, and support.
You can find a Tommy's Express Car Wash in over 93 cities across 28 U.S. states (and we've got big expansion plans). Our stylish red branding, daylight design concept, and signature wash arches stand out to guests. Tommy's Express also invests in national marketing campaigns to ensure your car wash location has a strong brand reputation.
The combination of people driving their vehicles longer, the increase in vehicle ownership overall, and the decline in at-home car washing make quality car washes in high demand. Analysts predict the industry's 2019 market size of over $34.19 billion will reach $41 billion in 2025.
Tommy's Express is experiencing exponential growth. In 2021 alone, Tommy's Express earned multiple recognitions for excellence and development in the franchise and car wash industries.
- Franchise Times ranked Tommy's Express #2 Smartest Growing Franchise.
- Tommy's Express ranked #1 in the car-wash services category in Entrepreneur Magazine's Franchise 500® for 2021 and ranked #30 on the Top New Franchises list. The Franchise 500® is one of the most comprehensive, well-respected, and widely referenced guides to franchises.
- Tommy's Express is included in the Franchise Times Top 400 list, ranking #339, up 140 spots over last year.
- Tommy's Express ranked 5th largest car wash chain this year at 100 locations, up from 7th last year in Professional Car Washing & Detailing's annual Top 50 list of the 50 biggest conveyor car wash brands.
- Small Business Trends named Tommy's Express Car Wash as one of the top car wash franchise opportunities because of our longevity in the industry, our thorough process for ensuring franchise partner success, and ongoing support in innovation, operations, and marketing.
Return on Investment
A Tommy's Express Car Wash business comes with many specific benefits, including a low labor model (most of our sites take only 12 full-time staff to operate), an "Amazon-proof" franchise model, a highly automated process, a membership-based model, and no perishable items. Not to mention state-of-the-art equipment and detergents. These benefits reduce overhead and operating costs so you can maximize your revenue.
In addition to seasonal and entry-level positions (ideal for students and new graduates), locally owned car washes have a strong tradition of supporting local organizations and otherwise serving their communities. From youth program fundraisers to unique local events, car washes provide a well-known and trusted venue for local philanthropy.
Car Wash Innovation Leader
Tommy's Car Wash Systems equipment is the result of over 50 years of car wash expertise and the constant pursuit of car wash innovation. Our advanced systems automate more of the car wash process, maximizing control and minimizing labor. We have led the industry with our innovations over the years, including our equipment, app technologies, cloud-based point of sale, car washing processes, marketing, hardware, and more. Tommy's Express franchise partners benefit by being on the leading edge of every Tommy's Express innovation.
Site Model Options
One size doesn't fit all. That's why Tommy's Express has multiple site model options for your car wash franchise location. Tommy's Express has a site design that will fit your business model, from compact designs that fit small lots to concept designs that incorporate multiple services.
If you're interested in opening the next Tommy's Express location, learn more about qualifications and register to join us for a no-obligation, free webinar for potential franchise partners.